Anipryl for dogs
or selegiline is also referred to as L-Deprenyl, MAOI (monoamine oxidase inhibitor) is helpful in treating Canine Cognitive Dysfunction Syndrome and Cushing’s disease. This medicine helps in increasing the concentration of dopamine, chemical of a nervous system messenger, that is it slow-downs the breakdown process of dopamine. The composition of this medicine suppresses the pituitary glands which are lot safer when compared to traditional methods of treating Cushing’s disease of suppressing adrenal gland production and discharge or cortisone.
It is available in different dosage quantities like 2mg, 10mg, 15mg and 30mg tablets. It should be taken only after veterinarian’s prescription.
Benefits of Anipryl
- The only FDA approved drug to cure Canine Cognitive Dysfunction Syndrome
- The only approved product for treating uncomplicated PDH Cushing’s disease.
- Difficulty in breathing
- Agitation and restlessness
- Swelling of lips, face or tongue
- Irregular and uncontrollable movements
- Dizziness and mild confusion
A to Z Pet Medications
Flea and Tick Control
Popular Pet Meds